How to add Kauai Festivals to your Website
Adding Kauai Festivals to your website will give your visitors an updated list of great events and activities they can do when visiting Kauai. Plus, you'll be helping promote activities and organizations which preserve Kauai's unique culture and environment.
Some important caveats to keep in mind:
- You must link back to Kauai Festivals website and/or the individual festival websites. If you're worried about people leaving your site, open the link in a 'new window'.
- Don't edit, revise or enhance the data. Festivals must appear on your site exactly as they do on Kauai Festivals.
- We cannot provide you with technical support so please don't contact us with technical questions. Some of the methods below require advanced technical knowledge and you might need help from your website designer or programmer to make them work.
Method 1: The RSS Feed
All Kauai Festivals can be viewed or downloaded by clicking on the RSS Feed button on the top of this page. Wordpress (and other content management systems) support widgets which will display data from Kauai Festivals directly on your website. If you're an expert web developer, you can parse this feed, put it into a database, and display the festivals as you see fit using PHP, ASP or another development environment.
The advantage to this method is that the RSS Feed will always contain the most current Kauai Festival data.
Method 2: Download a plain text file
There are two ways to get a text file of upcoming festivals:
1. Click on one of the months in the left hand column of this page, at the top of the month view there's a button to download a .txt file of that month's festivals. You can then copy and paste Kauai Festival listings into your website or database.
2. If you want to download a specific date range of upcoming events, use the simple form below to specify the range, then click "download" and a .txt file will be created and sent to your browser.
The drawback to this method is that the Kauai Festival data will only be current on the day you download it -- so events far in the future may not show up on your site unless you come back regularly to fetch a new text file.
Download Kauai Festival Data
Method 3: Add a Kauai Festivals logo to your site
This is the simplest way to give your visitors easy access to Kauai Festivals. Just copy the code for the logo size you prefer and paste it on to your website. The link will open in a new window and always take your visitors to the current month of events.
Large Logo Link
<a href="http://kauaifestivals.com/current-month/" target="_new" alt="Kauai Festivals"><img src="http://kauaifestivals.com/assets/images/kauai_festivals_logo_lg.gif" border="0" /></a>
Medium Logo Link
<a href="http://kauaifestivals.com/current-month/" target="_new" alt="Kauai Festivals"><img src="http://kauaifestivals.com/assets/images/kauai_festivals_logo_med.gif" border="0" /></a>
Small Logo Link
<a href="http://kauaifestivals.com/current-month/" target="_new" alt="Kauai Festivals"><img src="http://kauaifestivals.com/assets/images/kauai_festivals_logo_sm.gif" border="0" /></a>